The primary purpose of Furry Fiesta is for our attendees to have fun. To that end, we've established these rules to ensure that everyone enjoys their time with us as much as possible in a safe, friendly manner.
We don’t want to revoke memberships. We want you to be here. We want you to like being here and we want you to come back! The rules may seem like quite the laundry list, but it is our hope and expectation that we will seldom, if ever, be forced to enforce them. So use your common sense, act your (real) age and we’ll all have a great time year after year!
If you are a member of the media, looking to film, photograph or otherwise document our event for publication, please visit our Media Policies page for guidelines.
Furry Fiesta Rules
- All attendees are assumed to have read and understood this official Furry Fiesta Code of Conduct and agreed to the terms set forth therein when receiving a badge. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse.
- Anyone who accepts a membership badge agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Furry Fiesta and the Dallas Regional Anthropomorphic Meeting Association from any claim for personal injuries or other damages or equity arising out of any individual’s activities at Furry Fiesta, even if such injury or damage is caused by negligence by or on the part of Furry Fiesta or the Dallas Regional Anthropomorphic Meeting Association.
- Furry Fiesta seeks to make its staff members available to its attendees. Staff members will be wearing special badges and lanyards to indicate their status. If you have a problem, please alert a member of staff to the issue.
- All attendees of Furry Fiesta (except those minors attending with a parent as described in section 6 below) will be required to present a single government-issued photo ID at registration which clearly states their full legal name and date of birth. Examples of valid photo identification include: photo ID issued by DPS or DMV office, driver’s license, military ID, passport, etc. Examples of IDs that are NOT valid include: school ID, employee ID or any other ID that is either not issued by the government or not a photo ID will full legal name and date of birth. Any person who does not present such photo ID will not be allowed to complete registration or be granted a convention badge of membership.
- Minors who will be ages 16 and 17 at time of registration check-in may attend Furry Fiesta without a parent if they present government-issued photo ID stating their legal name and birthdate and a Parental Consent For Minor To Attend Furry Fiesta form (available for download from the Registration page) signed by their parent or legal guardian and notarized by a public notary. Minors who will be ages 16 and 17 at time of registration check-in without government-issued photo ID stating the legal name and birthdate or without a complete Parental Consent For Minor To Attend Furry Fiesta form at Registration may register, but must register with and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times in any official convention spaces including, but not limited to, the Dealer’s Den, Artist Alley, Art Show, Corral, Art Show, all panels and dances. Parents and guardians will be held responsible for damage or problems caused by their minors. Any minor who provides a forged permission form or photo ID will be remanded to the custody of the local police.
- Children who will be age 15 and below at time of registration check-in are not required to present government-issued photo ID, but must register with and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times in any official convention area including, but not limited to, the Dealer’s Den, Artist Alley, Corral, Art Show, all panels and dances. Parents and guardians will be held responsible for damage or problems caused by their children.
- Convention attendees must wear their official convention badge at all times while in convention areas and it must be shown upon request to any member of convention staff, security, hotel staff or law enforcement. Your badge will contain a badge name of your choosing (subject to staff approval), as well as a unique number. Altering convention badges in such a manner as to permanently obscure any of these elements renders the badge unusable. If your badge becomes unusable or is lost, it will be replaced at a rate of $5.00 U.S. per badge. Any person found using a counterfeit badge, using a badge not belonging to them or making copies of their badge for others will have their membership revoked and will be asked not to return during that year and/or subsequent years.
- Furry Fiesta reserves the right to deny or revoke membership at any time for any reason.
- In the event that any Furry Fiesta staff or security member deems it necessary to revoke any attendee’s membership, that attendee must surrender their convention badge to said staff or security member and leave Furry Fiesta convention spaces immediately. Said attendee will not be entitled to any manner of refund or compensation.
- Furry Fiesta and Creature Arts does not permit attendance by any individual who appears on any state or federal sex offender registry.
- All interior areas of the hotel are non-smoking. This includes vaping. The hotel has designated outside areas where smoking and vaping are permitted.
- Any usage, sale or possession of illegal or non-prescribed controlled substances will constitute cause to revoke membership of those involved and will be reported to the local authorities.
- All parties at which alcohol is served or consumed must verify that every person attending the party is 21 years of age or older by checking government-issued photo IDs. Any party found serving alcohol to or allowing consumption of alcohol by anyone under the age of 21 will be shut down immediately.
- Furry Fiesta accepts no liability for whatever may occur within the confines of private hotel rooms. Incidents that occur in these rooms are the sole responsibility of the individual to whom the room is rented. This includes payment for any and all damage, responsibility for complaints levied against the room and any other issues that may arise. Please note that if a situation should occur that may present a threat to the convention and/or its attendees, Furry Fiesta has a responsibility to report it to the proper authorities.
- No weapons are permitted at Furry Fiesta. If you have a fake or peace-bonded weapon to use as part of a costume, it must be approved by Furry Fiesta before being shown in public. Also, because of potential damage to property, items including but not limited to silly string, paintball guns, water guns or any similar devices are not allowed within the hotel at any time.
- Remember that while you are at Furry Fiesta, you are not only here to enjoy the furry fandom, but you also serve to represent it. As such, the following behaviors are prohibited in any public area:
- Public displays of affection more extreme than hugging and back-scratching
- Excessively loud volumes
- Failure to wear appropriate attire up to and including shirts, pants/shorts, footwear.
- Disrespect of hotel staff or damage to hotel property
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages anywhere other than the hotel bar and hotel restaurant
- Display of any adult-themed subject matter
- Running, Skateboarding or use of Hoverboards
- Operating drones or radio-controlled flying devices
- Selling goods or services outside of the Dealer’s Den, Artist Alley, Art Show or other commerce areas specifically designated by Furry Fiesta
- Dress Code:
- Any attire worn in the hotel must maintain a PG rating up until 9:00pm. Between the hours of 9:00 pm and 4:00 am, attire must maintain a PG13 rating.
- The following are not permitted at Texas Furry Fiesta:
- Any attire that is genuine or gives the appearance of being non-fictional military or law enforcement attire with the exception of currently serving military or law enforcement personnel who may wear their duty uniforms.
- Any attire which allows for the features of a person’s genitalia to be viewed through the fabric.
- Symbols perceived as hate symbols as determined by our staff
- The following is permitted only between the hours of 9:00 pm and 4:00 am.
- Latex/Neoprene bodysuit
- Harnesses that are worn by a person who is not in fursuit.
- Furry Fiesta has a strict No Harassment policy (physical, verbal and/or sexual). No means NO. If someone tells you stop, you STOP. If someone will not abide by these rules, contact a member of security or any member of staff.
- Any attendees engaging in behavior which endangers life or property (such as, but not limited to, pulling fire alarms, creating hazardous situations) will have their membership revoked immediately and may be barred from future events organized by the Dallas Regional Anthropomorphic Meeting Association. If warranted, law enforcement may be called.
- Photography or video coverage is prohibited in any convention controlled areas. This includes, but is not limited to: Dealer’s Den, Artist Alley, Convention Operations, Art Show, Panel Rooms, Fursuit Lounge and Registration. We ask that all attendees taking video or photography ask individuals for permission before taking a photos or videos. If you have questions regarding our extended media policy in regards to press passes, please refer to the Furry Fiesta website https://www.furryfiesta.org/attend/media-policies/.
- The Hyatt Regency Dallas at Reunion expressly prohibits any posting of signs, fliers, notices, etc. on all walls, doors, and in elevators. Furry Fiesta will provide message boards and flyer tables in our convention space for posting of notes, signs, and flyers by our attendees. Any flyers, signs, notices, or other items posted in prohibited areas will be immediately removed upon discovery by a member of staff. Furry Fiesta reserves the right to remove any posted notices that are considered inappropriate.
- Furry Fiesta staff members will make every attempt to be fair, lenient and understanding in the case of infractions. However, there are some situations in which our options may become limited based on the severity of the situation. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly by a member of Staff or Security, please inform Convention Operations or the Convention Chair.
- Furry Fiesta will not accept ANY refund requests after Pre-Registration has closed.
- Furry Fiesta reserves the right to amend these rules without prior or posted notice.
- None of these rules supersede or amend any hotel rules.