It’s a brand new venue for us! We know you’ve got questions. Here are answers to the most common ones we’ve heard so far:
Q: Can I get a cheaper room at the Hyatt through another website or company?
- A: No. The Hyatt has agreed not to provide a lower room rate through any other group or company during Furry Fiesta’s dates. If you find a lower rate elsewhere, or if another company contacts you claiming to have a lower rate, please email details to email@example.com. You’ve most likely encountered a scam, a bait-and-switch program, or a credit card fraudster. If you’ve already booked a room at the Hyatt through another company, please also send us the reservation confirmation number and name the reservation is under so we can confirm whether the reservation is genuine.
Q: How many people can sleep in each room?
- A: The Hyatt Regency Dallas allows a maximum of 3 guests to sleep in each King room and a maximum of 4 guests to sleep in each Queen room. Please indicate accurately how many adults you plan to have in your room. If you have a room with two queen beds, you should list at least 2 adults. If you only list one adult but reserve a room with two queen beds, the hotel may automatically change your reservation to a single king bed later.
Q: What is the minimum age to reserve a hotel room?
- A: Anyone with a valid credit card or debit card can reserve a room. However, the person checking into the room must be at least 18 years of age.
Q: How can I make a special request for my reservation? (specific floors, connecting rooms, etc).
- A: Call Hyatt Reservations at 888-421-1442 for special requests. If you reserve online, you should also enter these types of requests in the reservations comment box to ensure the front desk sees them when you check in. But you should call Hyatt Reservations at 888-421-1442 to be sure they are acknowledged.
Q: Is there a deposit charged when I reserve a room?
- A: No. You are required to provide a valid credit card as a guarantee when reserving the room. However, your card will not charged until the end of your stay, or until the morning after your scheduled arrival date if you do not check in and do not cancel your reservation by 3:00pm Central time, three days (72 hours) prior to your scheduled check-in date.
Q: Is there a deposit or credit card hold required at check-in for incidentals?
- A: The Hyatt Regency Dallas charges a nightly deposit of $40 per night of your stay for incidentals. Standard credit cards or cash are encouraged for this. Use of debit cards for this is discouraged as it may place unnecessary (and inconvenient) holds on your bank account.
Q: Where can I hold a room party? Can I hold a room party if I have a suite?
- A: Party/Patio room information will be made available at a later date. Keep an eye on the Fiesta hotel webpage and social media for more information. For now, go ahead and reserve a room and if you are selected at a later date, you will be moved to a patio room.
Q: How does parking work?
- A: Furry Fiesta has negotiated $5 per day discounted parking with in-out privileges for our attendees in the Hyatt’s two self-parking surface lots. The “B Lot” (larger lot to the South of the Hyatt beside Reunion Park) and the “Radish Lot” (small lot near the front entrance of the hotel). Here’s how this works:
- Hotel guests will use their hotel room keys to exit the self-parking lots. This will incur a single $5 per-day per-vehicle charge on their room bill. Arriving attendees should park first, then go to the front desk and check into their room to get room keys to exit the parking lots.
- Non-hotel guests must park, then check in with event registration to obtain their membership badge, then show their attendee badge at the valet desk to purchase a discounted parking pass key card for the number of days needed.
- Valet In/out privileges for hotel guests only. Valet prices (not discounted) are:
- 0 – 4 hours, $19.00 + 8.25% tax
- 4 – 8 hours, $23.00 + 8.25% tax
- 8 – 24 hours, $29.00 + 8.25% tax
- Overnight, $29.00 + 8.25% tax
Q: How do I get to the hotel and parking lots?
- A: See our Travel Page for details.
Q: Is there Internet service available?
- A: Complimentary standard guest room Internet access is provided to hotel guests in guest rooms and public areas. Details are provided at check-in. Free internet access is available to non-hotel guests in public areas. Internet access is not available to attendees in function spaces.
Q: Are refrigerators available?
- A: Every guest room has a mini-fridge in it.
Q: Are roll-away beds available?
- A: A limited number of roll-away beds are available for $20 per night +8.25% tax each. These are available first-come-first-served at check-in.
Q: Is there ice available?
- A: There are ice machines stationed on each floor.
Q: How much should I tip housekeeping?
- A: You should plan to leave $2 to $4 each day. Tip more if you’ve left a mess.
Q: Is there a courtesy shuttle service to/from nearby attractions?
- A: Yes, there is a small courtesy shuttle that travels within a 2 mile radius on a first-come-first-served basis. See the Concierge desk inside the front entry for more details. (And don’t forget to tip your driver!)
Q: Where can I distribute flyers?
- A: Flyers may be placed only on our designated message boards and on tables in convention space. You may not leave flyers in public spaces such as the hotel lobby, coffee shop, bar area, restaurant area, etc. All sign and flyer content must be PG-13 in nature.
Q: Can I ship items to the hotel to be waiting for me when I arrive?
- A: Yes! The FedEx branch inside the Hyatt handles all guest package receiving. Click here for details.
Q: Will the swimming pool be open?
- A: The swimming pool is not heated, but it is open year-round.
Q: I don’t see my question here.
- A: Please email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org